The purpose of this policy is to outline the process for transfers by residents of St Kilda Community Housing (SCH).
This policy applies to residents who live in properties managed or owned by SCH.
As a participating registered agency of the Victorian Housing Register (VHR), SCH residents may be able to transfer to another SCH property – or to another social housing property – if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Their household situation changes
- Their home is no longer suitable for their needs, or
- Their employment changes and they need to move a long way from where they are now.
In addition, residents may be eligible for a priority transfer through the VHR for any of the following circumstances:
- Safety issues, such as family violence and anti-social behaviour
- Medical or health reasons
- Uninhabitable housing for reasons of fire, flood or vandalism
- Stock utilisation – including matching residents to properties
- Redevelopment of a property.
Residents will need to meet the eligibility criteria as determined by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) Eligibility Criteria Operational Guidelines, including income and asset eligibility criteria.
How To Apply For a Transfer
Residents applying for a general transfer can submit their application through any DFFH office or through their MyGov account.
Residents applying for a Priority Transfer can submit their application through their MyGov account, any designated service provider or through SCH.
SCH Internal Transfers
In addition to the eligibility criteria for the VHR, SCH applies the following criteria to residents wishing to transfer to another property managed or owned by SCH:
- The resident must be 7 days in advance in their rent payments
- The resident must have a history of a well-maintained room
- The length of time the resident has been renting from SCH.
Where all other conditions are equal, prioority will generally be given to a resident wishing to move from a shared facility to a self-contained room over a resident seeking to move from one self-contained unit to another.